In the case of a recall the company should:
Step one: Contact the relevant state or territory action officer (home state) by telephone.
Step two: Call the FSANZ Recall Coordinator on (02) 6271 2610 (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday) or 0412 166 965 (after hours).
Please note, when conducting a recall you will need to provide:
- product details including: name, date marking, package size and description, and any other identifying markings available including Lot/APN/EAN code
- your company contact details and the product manufacturer’s details
- product distribution details including a list of the states and territories the affected product is available for sale and the types of retail outlets in which the affected product has been available
- any import/export information if applicable
- the reason for the recall and the results of any testing undertake
- a picture of the product and/or the product label.
Step three: If the company supplies to major retailers, you may wish to complete the Australian Food and Grocery Council’s (AFGC) Australia and New Zealand product recall/withdrawal form which is available from the AFGC’s website.