Safe Food Australia
This guide has been prepared to help with the interpretation of the three mandatory food safety standards. These are Standard 3.1.1, Interpretation and Application, Standard 3.2.2 Food Safety Practices and General Requirements and Standard 3.2.3 Food Premises and Equipment.
The guide was prepared primarily for use by government agencies responsible for the enforcement of the standards. Businesses may also find it offers guidance that will help them to comply with the standards.
Hard copies are no longer available from FSANZ. If you wish to obtain a hard copy of Safe Food Australia then contact SAI Global on 03 9278 1144 or you may download and print from the website.
Safe Food Australia - A Guide to the Food Safety Standards,
2nd Edition, January 2001
Helpful Hint: Opening or downloading a PDF file
- Status of the Guide [ pdf ]
- Contents [ pdf ]
- Introduction [ pdf ]
- Using the Guide [ pdf ]
- Standard 3.1.1 Interpretation and Application [ pdf ]
- Standard 3.2.2 Food Safety Practices and General Requirements [ pdf ]
- Standard 3.2.3 Food Premises and Equipment [ pdf ]
- Appendix 1 - The use of time as a control for potentially hazardous food [ pdf ]
- Appendix 2 - Food premises notification form [ pdf ]
- Appendix 3 - Cooling of meats after cooking [ pdf ]
- Appendix 4 - Cleaning and sanitising surfaces and utensils [ pdf ]
- Bibliography [ pdf ]
- Glossary [ pdf ]