Contact your Local Council (ask for an Environmental Health Officer) if your enquiry relates to:
- complaints about a food or food premises
- complaints about the sale of unsafe or unsuitable food (including undeclared food allergens, contamination with foreign matter and food poisoning).
+61 8 8226 7100 (Food Section)
Website: SA Health
Contact SA Health if your enquiry relates to:
- registrations of food businesses (both making and selling of food)
- food safety programs, handling of food in a food business, food hygiene
- primary food producers who sell food direct to the public, packaging, treating or substantially transforming food
- dairy distributors
- general food and labelling compliance issues
- other advice relating to food safety matters or legislation
Department of Primary Industries and Regions SA
+61 8 8429 0837
Contact the Department of Primary Industries and Resources if your enquiry relates to food safety in the primary industry sector such as meat (e.g. abattoirs, butchers), eggs or seafood (except for dairy).
Dairy Authority of South Australia
+61 8 8223-2277
Contact the Dairy Authority of SA if your enquiry relates to the safety and quality of the production and processing dairy products, including food safety arrangements and accreditation of dairy farmers, dairy processors and dairy transport businesses (dairy businesses accredited by the Dairy Authority of SA must comply with Standard 4.2.4 of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code).