FSANZ is a statutory authority in the Australian Government health portfolio. We develop food standards for Australia and New Zealand.
We are seeking applications from people interested in registering on our temporary employment register. Applicants can register a general expression of interest (EOI) for potential employment opportunities within our Canberra office at the APS3-EL2 levels. The register enables us to source suitably skilled and experienced individuals to fill short term or non-ongoing vacancies across the agency.
We encourage applicants from a range of skills and disciplines. This includes, but is not limited to, those with qualifications and/or relevant work experience in:
- risk assessment and risk analysis
- risk management
- dietary exposure assessment
- food safety
- food data analysis
- labelling and information standards
- food sciences
- health sciences
- human resources
- facilities management including administration and reception
- communications and stakeholder engagement
- executive support
- IT support
- social sciences and economics.
The register enables us to appropriately access skilled and experienced individuals for temporary positions of less than 12 months at short notice.
Opportunities available may be offered on a full time, part time or irregular and intermittent basis. The level at which these roles will be filled will depend on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Time on register
An EOI will remain on the register for six months from the date of lodgment. Applicants must re-register if they would like to be considered after this period.
Submitting an application
To register your EOI, please complete an application form, prepare a concise overview of your skills, experience and qualifications and attach a copy of your resume. Lodge your EOI via email to email@example.com
Download: Temporary employment register - application form (word 76kb) | (PDF 350kb)
To be eligible for temporary employment, applicants are required to:
- hold Australian or New Zealand Citizenship or have the legal right to work in Australia,
- be willing to undergo an Australian Federal Police (AFP) records check,
- be willing to complete a Health Declaration and if required undergo a health check obtain, and
- maintain a security clearance if applicable to the position.
We are committed to workplace diversity and welcome applications from Australian and New Zealand Indigenous communities, people with disability, people of all ages and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We also promote participative work practices and a safe and healthy workplace.
Any other enquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.