The Australian Government's Information Publication Scheme (IPS) started on 1 May 2011. It aims to promote transparency and a proactive approach to publishing.
All applications and proposals to change the Food Standards Code, as well as submissions, are published on our website. There may be occasions when the size of files means we are unable to publish all documents. In these cases all documents will be made available in other ways.
The executive summary of an application will be placed on the website after an administrative assessment is completed and the application has been accepted. When the call for submissions occurs, the main application will be placed on the website. Submissions will be published as soon as possible after the end of the public comment period.
As required under the Freedom of Information Act 1982, FSANZ has prepared an IPS Agency Plan outlining how we will comply with the IPS and what information we will publish and how.
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information disclosure log will provide access to documents disclosed by FSANZ as a result of an FOI request. It will list summary information such as title, date of release, including number of pages and descriptions of the types of documents released. The publication of this information is in accordance with section 11C of the FOI Act.
Requests under the Freedom of Information Act should be sent to email@example.com.
Who we are
- About FSANZ
- Consultation documentation
- Contact information
- Decision making powers
- Organisational chart
- Publications, Statistics & Resources
- Statutory appointments
- Annual reports
- Application Handbook
- Corporate Plan
- Gifts and benefits register
- Public Interest Disclosure Act
- FSANZ regulations
- Procedures for determining breaches of the APS Code of Conduct
- FSANZ science Strategy
- Senate Order for entity contracts
- FSANZ Act
- Gene Ethics Pty Ltd and the Safe Food Institute vs Food Standards Australia New Zealand (pdf 2855 kb)
- Gene Ethics Pty Ltd and the Safe Food Institute vs Food Standards Australia New Zealand summary (pdf 108 kb)
- GE Free NZ in Food & Environment (pdf 195 kb)
Contact us to provide feedback on our Information Publication Scheme.